Hellllllllllllllllo readers, IT’S FRIDAAAAAY, and I’m actually writing this on a Friday which is pretty ideal. I’m currently really enjoying writing book tags again and I found this pretty brilliant on Brins Book Blog which is a blog I kind of recently discovered but it’s really worth a little look because it’s a fantastic blog – so off you go see. Once you’ve read this – obviously (wink face.) Enjoy!
what are your top three book pet hates?
1. When romance books have reaaaaally risque covers and you can’t read them on public transport without an old lady or a man giving you the eyebrow.
2. Characters falling in love at first sight or within the first chapter – seriously. Lust, yes, attraction, yes, true love – HELL NO. The reader wants to experience the build-up of the relationship, why do so many authors seem to struggle with this.
3. Novella’s that are really too short; I love novella’s but recently lots that I’ve read have been basically the shortest stories ever. #sadface.
describe your perfect reading spot
I’m definitely an in bed reader – I change into my pyjamas as soon as I get home from work. So pjs, comfy blanket, hot chocolate (or Pepsi Max) and Eeyore would be there too! Oooo and maybe some Minstrels as they are my favourites at the moment.
tell us three book confessions
1. I STILL haven’t read anything by Virginia Woolf even though I have paperbacks and Ebooks of a number of her books. I just haven’t got round to it yet.
2. I am a massive fan of a really trashy romance every so often. I talk about my love of Bukowski, the Bronte sisters, classic literature, but some days give me the worst of the trashy romances and I’ll be a happy bunny.
3. My DNF reading list is a lot longer than people think it is. I can normally review a book based on the half mark stage but if I’m really struggling I will stop reading and review despite that – I just don’t always tell everyone.
when was the last time you cried during a book?
I’m currently reading ‘The End of Your Life Book Club
by Will Schwalbe’ and oh my have I been close to crying many, many times. It’s one of those books that I am not ready to get to the end of because it’s just so damn good. The review for that book is going to be hella difficult.
how many books are on your bedside table?
Currently! ZEEERRRROOO. I have two sets of flowers there instead one from T and one from me to me.
what is your favourite snack to eat while you’re reading?
PRINGLES AND MINSTRELS. I am alllll for reading snacks although I know lots of people tend to avoid snacking when reading.
name three books you would recommend to everyone
This is soooooo hard, but I’m going to go with:
The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
Anything by Bukowski
1Q84 by Haruki Murakamii
show us a picture of your favourite bookshelf on your bookcase
No shelves! Just a book-suitcase *it’s so prettttty.*
write how much books mean to you in just three words
Maybe, just everything?
what is your biggest reading secret?
I love Harry Potter as a series, but I’m actually not a massive fan of Harry Potter as a character. He’s always getting Ron and Hermione into trouble and then when they solve the problem Harry takes the credit – not cool maaaaan.
So we’re at the end of the taaag, and I’m going to tag anyone with an L in their first name! (Or ya know if you fancy doing the tag!) Remember to comment or let me know on twittttter @littlebookblog1! HAPPY FRIDAY Y’ALLLL.