Helllllllllo readers, it’s a Friday which means FRIYAY (yes I did just type that and only feel slightly ashamed.) I’ve been having a bit of a writing block kind of month. Reviews are being written thick and fast but these more bookish, talking posts have been more difficult. I had a think and I thought, us readers are really good at lots of things so I wanted to write them all down so we can be super proud of them – enjoy.
1) Letting our TBR list flow over until it’s so long we can barely think about it without our bank balances going into meltdown
2) Walking into the library and checking out double the books we can physically read in the time we’re allowed to read them
3) Being able to read just about anywhere; bath, bed, train, car, standing up, on the bus, we are reading ninjas
4) Spending a good thirty minutes going into the plot/characters/writing style when someone just asks ‘Hey, is this worth a read?’
5) Getting so emotionally involved in plotlines that we get book hangovers and spend the next few days wandering just emotional invested in the finished story
6) Organising and re-organising our books; should it be in colour order? Or authors alphabetically?
7) Buying a book we already have with a different cover because omgee it is so beautiful and instagramable
8) Spotting someone on the bus/train/tube who’s reading and awkwardly looking over to try and get a glimpse of what they’re reading
9) annnnnd giving an appreciative nod if it seems like a good one.
10) Having DNF books that we’re still not quite ready to part with but knowing we’re unlikely to ever make it all the way through
11) Contemplating relationships with certain hot mess kind of characters and wondering if they’ll make you breakfast in bed.
12) Staying up till 3am because… just one more chapter then I’ll go to sleep.
13) Being a regular at the local library and always ALWAYS trying to get other people to use them; C’MON FREE BOOKS!”£¬”£
14) Getting up in the morning and thinking hair wash, breakfast, contour makeup maybe; then spending all that time reading and having to get ready in minus two minutes.
15) Never panicking when a friend is late to a coffee date cause you know – always carry a book
16) Losing keys, shoes, phone but never EVER losing a book
17) Reading 38583238583 books on the go because ya know there’s always another to read right?
18) Having a well constructed answer when someone ultimately asks the question – ‘So, what is your favourite book?’
19) Using anything for a bookmark; train ticket, receipt, another book we make it work!
20) Pondering wildly on different endings to books when they don’t quite go our way.
21) Always knowing the quickest way to the local bookstore just in case of bookish emergencies
22) Having a dedicated book for when the reading slumps kick in; Alice in Wonderland, or HP we all have one
23) Always having an opinion (whether good or bad) as to book-to-movie adaptations
24) Knowing truly which Harry Potter house you should being/ have done the pottermore quiz #Ravenclaw
25) Knowing that reading is pretty goddamn cool and being proud to call yourself a book worm.
Gah isn’t it great to be a reader? Agree/disagree let me know in le comments. What would you add?
26 thoughts on “Twenty-five things us bookworms are super awesome at”
some good points there 😉 😀
Thank youuu! :3
Reblogged this on Sleepy Book Dragon and commented:
Definitely agree with this!
Thank you for reblogging! Glad you agree – us readers are awesome :3
Great list, I thought I was the only one who did some of those things, like suggesting the library or using another book as a bookmark!!
The only thing I’d have to disagree with is time spent at the library. My local one only seems to have:
– books from the 80’s (Barbara Cartland anyone?)
– books that shop retailers have got rid of due to poor sales (the worst novels I’ve read came from my library)
– books with a hardback cover (haaaaate those)
– an unchanging stock (new books? What new books? Ah, you mean another title from Barbara Cartland?)
I found that the children section, on the other hand, is full of brand-new titles, shiny covers and varied stories. Shame I’m older than 10…
Oh that is such a shame! Mine seems to be really good at getting in new books thank goodness otherwise I would not be able to keep up my reading habit quite so easily!!
Reblogged this on The Enchanted Door and commented:
I love this list, found at MyLittleBookBlog.com, and agree wholeheartedly! Bookworms unite! We’re awesome!
(Oh, my answer to #24? #Gryffindor!)
Thank you for reblogging! I always used to think I was a Gryffindor but I am such a wimp! Definitely more a Ravenclaw according to Pottermore 🙂
I just published a post about Number 2. I agree with most of these. Great post!
Oooo I will have to go and have a read!
I loved this!
I love this!
eeeeee so glad!
Loved this post! Made me chuckle 😛 101% accurate
Glad you enjoyed! Was a very fun post!
I was only thinking the other day it was about time I re-read the HP series (This would be for about the 6th time) Add to that bookworms can usually answer obscure HP quiz questions and we are the best people to buy prezzies for at Christmas and birthdays, my eyes light up at a book or Amazon voucher.
Oh WOW – I think I’ve read them through twice that is impressive!
Yes that is very true and we’re good at obscure book pub quiz questions – and yes! I think I’m the easiest to buy for – book, book related item, a trip to a bookstore I’m happy!
I started to think I was just going to comment on number 3, then number 4, then….oh hell, they all apply. Great list!
Glad you enjoyed! So many things we’re great at us book worms!
😛 So true! For no. 19, I even have an emergency bookmark which I keep tied to my bag when I travel… just in case I get my hands on a new book and have to start reading it immediately!
Oh that is so so so clever! I have some magnetic ones which mean they don’t come off the book which makes them a bit of a life saver!!
Magnetic bookmarks are so great! XD
Great List!. for #22 mine is HP too… : )
I can relate to every single one of these… Apart from the favourite book one, I can never make up my mind!!!
Oh neither can I!!! I just kind of create a paragraphs that skirts around the issue 😉