Helllllllllo readers, it’s a Friday which means FRIYAY (yes I did just type that and only feel slightly ashamed.) I’ve been having a bit of a writing block kind of month. Reviews are being written thick and fast but these more bookish, talking posts have been more difficult. I had a think and I thought, us readers are really good at lots of things so I wanted to write them all down so we can be super proud of them – enjoy.
1) Letting our TBR list flow over until it’s so long we can barely think about it without our bank balances going into meltdown
2) Walking into the library and checking out double the books we can physically read in the time we’re allowed to read them
3) Being able to read just about anywhere; bath, bed, train, car, standing up, on the bus, we are reading ninjas
4) Spending a good thirty minutes going into the plot/characters/writing style when someone just asks ‘Hey, is this worth a read?’
5) Getting so emotionally involved in plotlines that we get book hangovers and spend the next few days wandering just emotional invested in the finished story
6) Organising and re-organising our books; should it be in colour order? Or authors alphabetically?
7) Buying a book we already have with a different cover because omgee it is so beautiful and instagramable
8) Spotting someone on the bus/train/tube who’s reading and awkwardly looking over to try and get a glimpse of what they’re reading
9) annnnnd giving an appreciative nod if it seems like a good one.
10) Having DNF books that we’re still not quite ready to part with but knowing we’re unlikely to ever make it all the way through
11) Contemplating relationships with certain hot mess kind of characters and wondering if they’ll make you breakfast in bed.
12) Staying up till 3am because… just one more chapter then I’ll go to sleep.
13) Being a regular at the local library and always ALWAYS trying to get other people to use them; C’MON FREE BOOKS!”£¬”£
14) Getting up in the morning and thinking hair wash, breakfast, contour makeup maybe; then spending all that time reading and having to get ready in minus two minutes.
15) Never panicking when a friend is late to a coffee date cause you know – always carry a book
16) Losing keys, shoes, phone but never EVER losing a book
17) Reading 38583238583 books on the go because ya know there’s always another to read right?
18) Having a well constructed answer when someone ultimately asks the question – ‘So, what is your favourite book?’
19) Using anything for a bookmark; train ticket, receipt, another book we make it work!
20) Pondering wildly on different endings to books when they don’t quite go our way.
21) Always knowing the quickest way to the local bookstore just in case of bookish emergencies
22) Having a dedicated book for when the reading slumps kick in; Alice in Wonderland, or HP we all have one
23) Always having an opinion (whether good or bad) as to book-to-movie adaptations
24) Knowing truly which Harry Potter house you should being/ have done the pottermore quiz #Ravenclaw
25) Knowing that reading is pretty goddamn cool and being proud to call yourself a book worm.
Gah isn’t it great to be a reader? Agree/disagree let me know in le comments. What would you add?