TOP TEN TUESDAY: Ten authors I would like to get together to write a pretty epic book

Helllllllo readers, it’s Tuesday which means it’s a Top Ten Tuesday kind of day. Today’s was seriously tough and I’ve spent the last week kind of worrying about it which is daft but that’s who I am. To make it a little easier I clicked through to my list of reviews and seeing all the authors there kind of made it a hell of a lot easier. As always comments, queries, questions let me know in the comments.

John Green and Rainbow Rowell

I imagine this will be on so many lists for this weeks topic but if these two created a book it would be not only be beautifully written but I think it would be so sweetly and wonderfully created it would become a worldly bookish treasure basically.

Giovanna Fletcher and Cecelia Ahern

I recon this would be just magical if these two got together; think how beautiful and intriguingly sweet it would be – magical, light and fluffy but the writing being such a quality piece. Perfection.

J.K. Rowling and C.S. Lewis

Let’s take a minute now to remember the brilliance of C.S Lewis…..*sighs*. But seriously if these two could of collaborated then it would have been magical and meaningful and beautifully written. These two are the only fantasy writers who have honestly captured my imagination. It would be just beautiful.

Gillian Flynn and Paula Hawkins

ALLLLL THE TWISTS AND ALL THE TURNS. Give them to me. Now. Tar.

Tess Gerritsen and Karen Long

Both of these authors are utterly brilliant writers with slightly sadistic minds. I fear that if they ever created a book together then I would be to scared to sleep for maybe weeks months. Not cool but would be so brilliant.

J.K. Rowling & Suzanne Collins

Think how utterly nuts the bookish  blogosphere would go if this actually happened. It would just be incredible and the story I cannot believe would be anything less than a masterpiece. It could be like HP all over again. *sighs*

George R.R Martin and J.R.R Tolkien

This is an utterly selfish one. I haven’t read Lord of the Rings, I haven’t read Game of Thrones and now I feel like I’m too far behind to really get into either. If they could create a new series then I could join in with all the fun. *sobs*

Morgan Matson & S.M Stevens

Still so in love with the book Amy and Rodger’s Epic Detour and I think if Morgan Matson and S.M Stevens who wrote books that focused on musical theatre paired up it would just be such a brilliant combination. Both used mixed media, adding lyrics and illustrations and I think it would just be lovely.

Kingsley Amis & Charles Bukowski

If these two could have written a book together I tell you sparks would have flown big time. It would be a hysterical piece of literature.

Stella Newman & Sophie Ranald

For my last pairing it’s just two of my most favourite of authors. These two would make me cry, laugh, smile and fall in love with them all over again. It would be beaut.

Quite a tough top ten Tuesday; I did go through and look at a number of lists and it seems I wasn’t the only one. Struggled through but very happy with my little list as always let me know what you would add, would trash or what you think of the list. Cheers lovelies.

1. October 13, 2015 / 11:57 am

An entertaining concept. But working together? Authors? Nah, the real book would most likely be by an observer recording the conflict.

2. October 13, 2015 / 12:23 pm

I also used Paula Hawkins for my list. I paired her with Kate Morton. It would be a beautifully writte mindf*ck! And Paula Hawkins and Gillian Flynn would be amazing!!

• October 13, 2015 / 2:08 pm

Had not thought of that combination but that be brilllliant! I wonder what makes for a wonderful combination? Hahah it would definitely be interesting right 😉

3. October 13, 2015 / 12:44 pm

I read your list just going ohmygod why don’t these cowritten books exist?!

• October 13, 2015 / 2:07 pm

I KNOW – why can’t these authors just get busy and write even more brilliant books 😉 Gah glad you enjoyed the post!

• October 13, 2015 / 2:06 pm

Heya!! Thank you for the lovely comment! I know wouldn’t it be just AWESOME. Just read your list well done for getting ten btw I thought it was super tough. Veronica Roth and Amy Tintera is a brilliant choice, would love to see what came out of that!

4. October 13, 2015 / 2:57 pm

I went with Tolkien and Lewis on My TTT but I ALMOST went with Rowling and Lewis instead. Wouldn’t that have been amazing?

• October 14, 2015 / 10:58 am

Ooooo Tolkein and Lewis would be wonderful too…. oh there are so many many many choices to make!

5. October 13, 2015 / 3:00 pm

You’re the second person I’ve seen with JK and Suzanne Collins paired up, and I just love that idea. The book they created would be so epic. My TTT!

• October 14, 2015 / 10:58 am

Yayyy I’ve seen a couple of people using it – great minds think alike!

Having a look at your list now! I can totally see Ian Rankin & Maggie Stiefvater!!!!

6. October 13, 2015 / 4:21 pm

The closest I’ve ever found to a C.S. Lewis/J.K. Rowling mashup series is John White’s “Archives of Anthropos”. I’m pretty sure you could also cause the book blogosphere to explode with a J.K. Rowling/John Green story.

• October 14, 2015 / 10:56 am

OOOOOO DEFINITELY checking that out on my lunch break today 🙂

Yes, very true – although I think JKR and anyone would really create a mega slide – shes just a legend.

7. October 13, 2015 / 5:35 pm

I used Paula Hawkins and Gillian Flynn too – they’d write one amazing thriller! Also JKR and Collins – yes please!!

• October 14, 2015 / 10:56 am

I know! Gah how twisty and turny would it be! I would be on the edge of my seat the entire times.
      I think JKR and Collins might make the reading world blow up – would be just INCREDIBLE

8. October 13, 2015 / 10:50 pm

I have Collins and Rowling together on my list this week too!! I just feel like the hype that would come with something like that would make the book world explode. And John Green/Rainbow Rowell would make an awesome pair. The book would probably put me in a deep book hangover, but OMG I know I would love every minute of it. Great list 🙂

• October 14, 2015 / 10:55 am

Yayyyy! I think it would be an incredible combination of ideas – gah I don’t want to think about how wonderful it would be too much 🙂 Definitely definitely a book hangover, I do wonder how difficult it would be to co-author a book?

9. October 14, 2015 / 2:19 am

It turned out to be a bit of a fun exercise! I’m not familiar with some of your authors, but I’ll look them up!! (Who is going to fill our Harry Potter-sized hole in our hearts?!)
    My Top 10

• October 14, 2015 / 10:54 am

Definitely do! I decided to add in some authors that have requested me to read ARC’s just to mix it up a little 🙂 Going to look at your top ten now!

10. October 15, 2015 / 1:51 am

The idea to put Tolkien and Martin together is kind of brilliant! That would be a pretty epic fantasy tale.
    Oh and you should defiantly read the lord of the rings, and give Martin a try. I am currently still reading the first book of Game of Thrones, so its not as if you are the only one getting a late start on that series 😉 But Lord of the rings is really great and defiantly worth the read, just saying 😉
    Fantastic list 🙂

My TTT: http://booksbeautifylife.blogspot.de/2015/10/top-10-tuesday-top-10-author-duos-i.html

• October 19, 2015 / 4:11 pm

It would be so so so much fun and I don’t really like fantasy that much! Haha that gives me more confidence to get stuck in and give both a go 🙂
      Just checked out your blog: King and Rowling is geniusssss!!! I thought about that but then changed my mind glad I’m not the only one! 😀