#FictionalWorldTravel: The first challenge for Bout of Books!

Hellllllo, you may have seen earlier in the month that I’m taking part in the Bout of Books readathon which I entered with little thought to what I was letting myself into. On finally researching into said readathon I found that there are a number of challenges that you can partake in. Today’s is from Between Library Shelves and it’s to list 3-6 books that take place in different countries than you reside on. I am currently living in Stoke-on-Trent, in the UK so that was out of bounds but I managed to find a couple that would fit.
FullSizeRender
#FictionalWorldTravel
  1. Phoning home, essays by Jacob M. Appel (Set in NY City)
  2. Chocolat by Joanne Harris (Set in a village in France)
  3. The Penguin history of Modern Russia (Set in… Russian)
  4. Winter Birds by Jim Grimsley (Set in Northa Carolina)

There are my five books for the #FictionalWorldTravel challenge, and also my first book for the Bout of Book readathon will be ‘Little Women by Louisa M Alcott. Exciting stuff; if you’re taking part in #boutofbooks let me know below in the comments!

Untitled

x

1. August 17, 2015 / 10:08 pm

I thought about participating..but realized that might just be a silly idea for me at this point – far too much on my plate, I have to learn to master impulse control! But the fun challenges seem… well.. fun πŸ™‚

• August 18, 2015 / 10:10 am

Oh I’ve got so much on my plate but then thought ah well, might as well attempt. I read forty pages yesterday and looking at all the updates that’s a pretty poor effort but ah well πŸ™‚ hopefully will get some more done today! :F

• August 18, 2015 / 2:59 pm

Better than me! I just haven’t had time or focus to do any reading lately, which is VERY sad πŸ™

• August 19, 2015 / 8:55 am

Oh no!! I’ve been a little bit off reading so I’m hoping it will help me get back into it! I can’t believe how many pages people are getting read it’s incredible!

2. August 18, 2015 / 1:59 pm

It’s always nice to discover a different part of the world through reading. That’s what I like so much about Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

• August 19, 2015 / 10:08 am

So so so true! Oooo I haven’t read anything from them before!
      House is okay, reading and wine is helping πŸ˜‰ x