It’s getting towards holiday season and therefore today’s Top Ten Books is a Beach reading list. I adore going on holiday; padding down cobbled streets eating ice-cream, splaying out on a sun-lounger sunning myself and drinking sangria. Someone take me away please? As always if you write your own please comment below I love reading your answers and adding more books to my TBR list (although it pains me to knowing the length of the damn thing.)
1) You’re the One that I want by Giovanna Fletcher: This book was recommended by a friend a little while ago and reading the reviews it does seem like an utterly delightful read which would be perfect read lying on the beach with my polka-dot lilac sunnies on and a tub of pringles. Bliss
2) Charlotte Street by Danny Walker: This is a book with a mystery and after the first book I think I’m going to want something a bit deeper and intriguing but one that will also create a good number of laughs. Perfect as a beachy read.
3) Will Grayson, Will Grayson by Green and David Levithan: This book has intrigued me for a while because of the way it is written. John Green wrote all the odd-numbered chapters while David Levithan wrote all the even-numbered chapters. The only plot they decided on together was the fact that the two characters would meet at some point in the novel and that their meeting would have a tremendous effect on their lives. How incredible does that sound?
4) This one is mine by Maria Semple: I read where’d you go Bernadette last year and although I enjoyed it found it a little difficult to get through however I’m intrigued by the author so I think I might give this one a go.
5) The Selection by Kiera Cass: I have seen this book reviewed alllllllll over WordPress book blogs and I think it’s time to find out whether it is worth the build-up. Then I can review it and share it with you lovely readers
6) Landline by Rainbow Rowell: I read Fangirl without knowing that it was a big thing, because I think it was discounted if bought for Kindle a number of months back. I’ve been meaning to read more from this author and a holiday is the perfect time to get stuck in
7) Yes Please by Amy Poehler: Once again this book has been doing the rounds on WordPress and as always I want to join in the fun. I don’t know much about the comedienne but a giggle on holiday is always a wonderful thing
8) Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf: Confession time, I have never read anything from this author and I think it’s time to change that. I think that holidays are the perfect time to get books read that you might otherwise overlook
9) Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah: Another book from an author I would really like to read more from. I have a TBR list the length of my rather small frame but it is going to take months to get through. This one needs to get read soon, 100%.
10) Finally, The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North: I can’t decide if this is going to be a really dark read or something very clever. I’ve heard there’s a strong twist halfway through and it’s got me intrigued.
So there you go, ten reads to have in my beach bag this summer. The bag will notably weigh a tonne however it will make for a very book-ish holiday.
10 thoughts on “Ten Books I Plan To Have In My Beach Bag This Summer or Ten Books I Think Make Great Beach Reads”
Rainbow Rowell was on my list too, although I went for Fangirl. The First Fifteen Lives looks like an interesting book- might add it to my list 🙂
Fangirl is so so so so good! Get it read soon I would say! 😀 ahhhh another book to add to the ever abundant TBR!
It just keeps getting bigger haha
I know! Make it stoppppppppppppp x
My first Kristin Hannah read was The Nightingale which I LOOOVED so I have her on my list as well! And the best Rainbow Rowell book (my opinion!) is Eleanor and Park, so you have to read that if you haven’t already! http://hollykerr.ca/top-ten-tuesday-whats-on-my-reading-list-for-this-summer/
I haven’t read the nightingale! So many books to continue adding to my lists 😦 I need to read Eleanor and Park it’s on another TBR list argh! 🙂 love your list and I’ve read one plus one and really enjoyed it 😀 x
So many good books on your list! 🙂 I really loved Will Grayson, and The Selection – perfect beach reads! I read You’re the One That I Want too and didn’t expect to like it so much. The First Fifteen Lives… is new to me – loving the sound of that one.
Hope you have a great summer!
I posted here: https://lipsyy.wordpress.com/2015/05/26/top-ten-tuesday-holiday-reads/
well i have my vacations going on and am always in search of good books but, now im sure i dont have to worry about that…btw amazing choice of books 😀
Thank you very much! I actually loved writing this post, sometimes I struggle to come up with ten but this was super easy to do! 🙂 x