Afternoon readers, hope you’re all having a wonderful Friday because the weekend is nearly here *squeals.* There will be a review up today, but I fancied doing something a little bit silly. I decided to do a list of some of the thoughts I have when writing book reviews, this isn’t to say it happens every time (trying to convince myself I’m more organised,) but inevitably happens most of the time. I don’t know whether others can relate or have anything to add and although this obviously wasn’t written with a specific book in mind I thought we could have a giggle about book reviewing on a sunny happy Friday afternoon.
1) Right, laptop on. Okay that’s not worki…wait plug it in; might help
2) This dell monstrosity is the slowest machine in the world
3) Oh, I’m not cosy, pyjamas would be better
4) Right, scour the ‘floordrobe’ to find something suitable
5) Right totally ready. Pink moustache covered bottoms and an orange jersey top totally goes, let’s get this review done
6) Wait, where’s the book gone?
7) That could help when writing a BOOK review
8) *scours the book covered desk*
9) *Creates avalanche of books*
10) Right, got it; read notebook on notes made whilst reading. Okay, all caught up.
11) What interesting events shall I write about today for the introduction?
12) Well my breakfast order at work was wrong and my top was inside out today at work, for most of the day…
13) Let’s go with that, describes my life pretty well
14) ‘Good evening readers!’
15) Why do I always sound so goddamn excited about everything?
16) Right introduction done, blurb time
17) Gee this blurb is great/not so great/ hmmmm desirable edit might be needed
18) Time to re-write the blurb
19) This is why my reviews are sooooo loooonnnngggggg
20) What was that character’s name again? *thumbs through book*
21) This house is so cold I can’t feel my fingers, must buy fingerless gloves
22) Maybe music would help, click on ITunes
23) Wait, no too many distractions
25) Ooooo Twitter notification
26) I have to favourite, and at least reply
27) *Enter twitter conversation*
28) Okay, focus…. So positives
29) Character build up, pace, plot, interweaving plot line
30) Make sure you haven’t only used the word wonderful….oh you have, edit that bit now
31) Right deep breath
32) Critiques…couple of things to note
33) This could be a thorny point, try not to feel too awful and guilty
34) Now a good thing; pop that in about symbolism and meaning
35) Sounds clever and made the book good
36) God you’re good at this
37) How do you spell sequal? Sequel?
38) You’re so bad at this
39) Right conclusion and don’t babble
40) Totally babbled
41) Photo of the book now, nearly there
42) Oh that cover is so much prettier than the cover I have (use that one instead)
43) Okay, it’s a review, and here are the tags
45) Now proofread……jkgjfgdlkjfla;fg
This was so much fun to write; if you enjoyed might do another? Not sure let me know and Happy Fridayy!