20 Comments

1. September 25, 2014 / 11:41 am

I read TFiOS during the hype and I wish I hadn’t. I bought it because everyone else was reading it and I didn’t get the hype around it to be perfectly honest. Yes it’s a lovely story and is really well written but it’s one of those generic YA love stories with a gloomy twist.

Enjoy it though!

• September 26, 2014 / 3:18 pm

See, now I’ve heard things about both 1984 and TFIOS I’m not sure whether I want to read them but I know I want to. It’s a really silly state of mind that I cannot get out of

• September 27, 2014 / 10:04 am

It’s a good story, I just didn’t get as emotional about it as most people do.

2. September 25, 2014 / 12:02 pm

Oooo ill have a hunt 😉 sounds an interesting read

3. September 25, 2014 / 2:49 pm

First, love the logo. Second, not even interested in TFiOS…. just doesn’t make me go Ooohh! Anyway, I have so many books to read, I won’t waste time on anything that doesn’t hit that Ooohh! button!

• September 26, 2014 / 3:17 pm

Thank you, it’s rather lovely isn’t it! I think the hype has made me desperate to read it but I haven’t got down to it yet!

4. September 25, 2014 / 4:16 pm

I’ve been putting off reading Joseph Boyden’s The Orenda since it was published, but it’s now on my reading group’s list for November, so I am going to have take the plunge. I expect I shall review it sometime between then and now.

• September 26, 2014 / 3:17 pm

Go for it! I need to join a book club but haven’t got round to it! That’s a helpful way to make you read a book I guess 🙂

5. September 25, 2014 / 5:34 pm

I’ve been putting of Persuasion by Jane Austen. I mostly read in the train and it’s so difficult to concentrate! I’m sure it’ll be impossible to read anything even remotely classic-y. I’ll wait for vacations, I guess.

• September 26, 2014 / 3:16 pm

I say that but then when I’m on holiday I always want to read something easy, but then I normally get a headache when I read on the train! Oh the difficulties eh

• September 28, 2014 / 3:51 pm

I end up not reading during holidays. Weird, I know. I end up going out too much to read.
        Headaches! Ouch! They’re enemies of reading.

6. September 25, 2014 / 6:31 pm

Ironically, 1984 is sitting on my shelf as well. That and Lord of the Flies are both on my TBR.
    I finally caved in to TFIOS and ended up loving it. Green has a great prose style that has more humor than you expect it to. It more was entertaining and fun than I anticipated.

• September 26, 2014 / 3:15 pm

We should definitely get round to reading it I feel! Someone told me once that it changed their life reading that book and since then it has completely intimidated me. I also have a terrible habit of ignoring books that have a certain amount of hype around them. I missed LOTR, The twighlight series, I eventually read the fifty shades books, well two and a half, but I put them off for so long! I will start reading it soon though…maybe

7. September 26, 2014 / 12:35 am

Moby Dick by Herman Melville. Supposedly it is a classic but I can’t get past the weird flowery language to stick with it. (And I normally love weird flowery language, just it’s too weird and flowery)

• September 26, 2014 / 3:13 pm

Oh that’s like me and great expectations, I just got exhausted!

8. September 26, 2014 / 2:45 am

I’ve been putting off reading most classics – pre 1900. I love a good modern classic, but there is something about older classics that scares me into not picking them up…even though I have SO many different ones on my book shelf.

• September 26, 2014 / 3:13 pm

I am the same! In my list of 101 things to do I think one them is to read 10 classics, and a number of them will be pre 1900 but I keep putting it off! Would be better to get them done now!

9. September 28, 2014 / 12:07 pm

You are beautiful , wonderful and generous with your thoughts …I’m so glad I found you Lizzie …