So quite delightfully, mylittlebookblog has been once again nominated for a blogging award! I would never have described my blog as very inspiring, however it is lovely to think that some people do, it really does mean the world to me as a book blogger. However it means thinking up more facts about myself! However, saying that I have lots of amazing blogs to nominate! Now my first job is to thank you the blogger who nominated me and that is the brilliant Sandra Danby who you can check out here at: http://sandradanby.com! I recently reviewed her new book which you can check out here: https://mylittlebookblog.wordpress.com/2014/06/19/ignoring-gravity-sandra-danby!
So here are the rules….
Thank and link to the person who nominated you. List the rules and display the award. Share seven facts about yourself. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated. Optional: display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you. However Sandra has included another part to the award and that is to mention the good things and bad things when book blogger so I’m going to start with that!
Things I really like:
- Make it Personal: personal reviews with a real indepth understanding of the book! Don’t just tell me about the plot. Tell me how the characters made you feel, how the writing style played out throughout, the feel of the book.
- Clean: A clearly set out blog, that’s easy on the eye but easy to navigate. Sometimes I am on a book blog and think goodness there is no way I’m going to find what I’m looking for! Set it out so the reader can use the blog easily.
- Mix it up: I love reviews, but contrast them with other bits, maybe a photograph, a quote, an interesting item you’ve found online, a quiz about books, or a link that I can go to. Give the reader something to get their teeth into, comment on, reblog. Not only does it allow me to get involved with your blog but it helps you understand what your readers want.
Things I don’t really like:
- Too Short: short reviews that are only a plot summary and are hashed together from Amazon and Good Reads. Try and get something in there that will give the reader an idea what the book will be, not just what it’s about.
- Ratings: Mmm, I’m not huge fan of star ratings. This is because a book may be a four star book for description but a two star for character build up. It’s so subjective based on so many different factors that I think it’s better to describe the factors instead of rating it with a star based on averages.
- Negatives: If there is something about a book that you don’t like, explain it. I have rarely read a book that is absolutely perfect on all bases, so don’t hide away your emotions in fear of upsetting someone! Tell me truthfully what you thought! However don’t be cruel and give positives to show the bits that you did enjoy.
SO, seven facts about me!
- MummaB recently bought me a new suitcase and I am in love with it! It’s black with pink flamingos on it and it is gorgeous. (Yes, a suitcase can be gorgeous)
- I currently have purple painted toenails (although they are currently hidden under my rather comfy slanket)
- I am obsessed with pugs
- I wish I could play the guitar
- I start my internship tomorrow and I am really excited but a little nervous
- I ate vodka jelly, and I can confirm that jelly is still not ok
- I don’t like blackcurrent things….icky
So slight confession, I answered one of these very recently so I’m being naughty and only recommending 10 blogs, so here they are…. READY, SET, GO!
There we go, phew!