Thoughtful Thursdays:

20140619-141750-51470636.jpg

Good Morning Littlebloggers!

It is time for another wonderful thoughtful Thursdays post and today the question revolves around favorite books. See many of the books on my bookshelf are battered and worn. Some have faded from being too close to the window and others are a little squished from being too close together. However, if you could own a perfect, first edition copy of any book what would it be and why?

ttphoto

13 Comments

1. June 26, 2014 / 9:52 am

And my winner is *drum rolls* The Third Man by Graham Greene. This was the first book that I read by Graham Greene. And it made me a fan of his work.

2. June 26, 2014 / 11:30 am

I’d go back to Toni Morrison’s Song of Solomon. I read it in high school and it absolutely changed my reading life.

3. June 26, 2014 / 11:50 am

Wuthering Heights first edition would be amazing.

4. June 26, 2014 / 1:08 pm

The Bible. I’m curious how it’s changed over the editions. Wrap your head around that.

5. June 26, 2014 / 1:21 pm

King Lear. My choice for the play with the most concentrated wisdom. “Many a true word hath been spoken in jest.” And it would be nice to have it signed by Shakespeare. 🙂

6. June 26, 2014 / 4:15 pm

*The Fountainhead* by Ayn Rand. Of all the books I’ve read it changed my life the most, and completely. It’s why I’m a writer and why I write the way I do, believe the things I believe about fiction and reality. My novella on Amazon, *The Woman Alone,* acknowledges Ayn Rand “for teaching me that happiness is ‘the normal, the natural, the to-be-expected,’ and so I work and I write in a benevolent universe.” Specifically, I was thinking of her novel, *The Fountainhead,* when I wrote that acknowledgement.

Great Thoughtful Thursday post, Lizzy! I love the other responses too!

• June 28, 2014 / 4:34 pm

I think that’s such a good reason to pick a book! If it’s something that really changed your life and set you on track for life then that really is the best answer for this question! 🙂

7. June 26, 2014 / 7:09 pm

I would love to have first editions of the wholeLittle Women series by Louisa May Alloct because even though it was set so long ago, girls now can still relate to what happens, and its a really good series.

8. June 27, 2014 / 3:15 am

I am stepping up my book game. I have downloaded tons of them on my kindle, but now I prefer paperback books. I’m trying to be a reader liked I used to be.