53 thoughts on “Where is your favourite place to read? Answers Please!

1. picassoplate says:

I do my “best” reading early in the morning. Coffee cup in hand. Sitting on a hard chair at the kitchen table. My favorite place to read is in summer beneath trees on a blanket. I get easily distracted, though.

• littlebookblog says:

I can understand that! I prefer to read before bed for some reason I’m not a huge morning reader! 🙂 can definitely understand reading outside with the sun shining… sounds beautiful! 🙂

2. Mrs Inger Anna Jones says:

There is a spectacular, Gothic looking, cemetery up the road, surrounded by big trees and an old stone wall. There, on the bench that gets the most sunlight, is where I go to read. On rainy days I snuggle up on the sofa, blanket and tea in tow.

• littlebookblog says:

oh wow, I used to live by an extremely Gothic church, although I must admit I did find it a little scary! Oh I love rainy reading days! 🙂 Although I must be the only British person that really dislikes tea haha 🙂

3. Karen says:

No favourite place for me. I read more or less everywhere. My dream is to read without interruptions, though. (“…not going to happen…”)

4. chrispearsontx says:

I enjoy reading in my office on my futon; the one my partner purchased for me recently. It’s so comfortable.

5. Jojo says:

I love to read in my bed too,specialy when it rains and Im tucked in the covers 😀 and first of all when I have nothing else to do and I can spend all the time I want in there ^.^

6. stephswint says:

It’s a tie between my couch with dogs, but surprisingly I also love to read in the tub. …even though I’ve dropped a few books in the water and had to replace them – luckily I have not done that to my e-reader…yet

7. coffeehousejunkie says:

As odd as this sounds, the bus. I’ve read many books while riding the bus. Also, there’s a great spot by the large window at the public library where I enjoy reading.

8. Eleanor Wood says:

Usually tucked up in bed, although if I’m too tired I normally end up falling asleep with my book still propped open!

When I was younger, I used to hide in the linen cupboard to escape my little brother and sisters (finding peace and quiet was tricky). With a book, a flashlight and a nest of bedding, it was the cosiest, quietest place to read.

9. Abhishek Anand says:

In the woods, on the highest rock with filtered sun rays sprinkling over me and my book, while my dog is tossing and turning on those fallen pine leaves.

10. S.M. Stevens. says:

In a window seat (wish I had one) or curled up in any comfy chair, munching on apples. Think I stole that last part from Jo in Little Women, maybe because my mother swears we are distant ancestors of Louisa May Alcott. Regardless, I’ve been reading/eating apples/curling up since I was a little girl. 🙂