So I read an article a little while ago about book habits so I thought I would list my own! Sooooo here they are, 10 facts about my books and me!
1) Firstly, I cannot start a book without finishing the first! Now I know that some people like to have two or more books on the go at one time however I am a one book at a time girl! I get so involved in the plot and the characters that I don’t like to distract myself from each book and give it all my attention!
2) I love to read in the bath! It is probably one of my favourite places to read other than snuggled up in a duvet in the evening. Additionally, yes I do sometimes drop the books in accidentally!
3) I do not use bookmarks! I am such a forgetful person that I always lose them therefore have given up on using them! However I never turn over the corners of the books (promise!)
4) I have NEVER EVER looked further into the book to find out the last twist or read the last page of the book! I did it once accidentally and was so annoyed at myself! For me that is a total no and no one will ever convince me that it is okay to do so!
5) This may seem like a silly one but in the article I read the person said that they would only read one book by an author because there are too many books and too little time! I however would completely disagree; although I do not limit myself to one author I will almost always buy a second books from the author if I like their book to really get a feel of their writing style.
6) I like to keep all my books and am not particularly fond of lending them or giving them away! One day I want to have a library so that’s the thought behind it!
7) My favourite book quote is Louis de Bernières, Captain Corelli’s Mandolin, it is beautiful
8) I have more than once contemplated a book tattoo, (but have not been convinced to have one yet!)
9) I love to re-read books! I know that some people read a book and then place it back on the shelf to never be picked up again however I am not like that! If I love a book I am guilty of reading it over and over, however, if I have a new book that almost ALWAYS takes precedence
10) My love of books has been with me almost all my life, as a child I used to hide in the library and moan and grumble if we had to leave! My mum still sends me books now whilst I’m at university!