Thank you yabookreviewer.wordpress.com for nominating me for the Liebster Award! It’s an award passed on by bloggers to new blogs worth reading (blogs with less than 200 followers). It’s very exciting to be nominated, and in turn to nominate 11 others!
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
- List 11 Random Facts about you
- Answer the questions that were asked of you (By the blogger that nominated you)
- Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and Link to their Blogs
- Notify the bloggers of their award.
- Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award
11 facts about me Lizzy Baldwin
1. I am left handed
2. I play the cello,
3. My right eyebrow is white in colour due to a missing link in my DNA
4. I hate blueberries and jelly and custard
5. I study Philosophy at University and my favourite philosophers are Descartes and Hume
6. I want to work in the publishing industry when I leave university
7. My favourite colour is blue; any shade, turquoise, duck egg, royal, you name it I love it
8. I went to Borneo for a month as part of a charity project
9. I can scuba dive
10. I live in Silverstone but have no interest in Formula one
11. I am addicted to Pepsi Max.
My Answers to ‘Young Adult Book Reviewer’s 11 Questions
1. Why did you start a book blog?
I have always loved reading and books; as a small child I used to sit in libraries for hours only leaving when my parents dragged me out kicking and screaming. This love of books has continued throughout my life and after writing book reviews for my University Magazine, I wanted to share and listen to more people’s thoughts on books and to continue and expand on my love of reading.
2. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I love discovering new and brilliant books. There are so many new books that I would never have discovered if I hadn’t have set up this blog! I also love the community it creates and the discussions that occur through blogging.
3. What is the one book you’d take to a deserted island?
This is the question that I always get asked when I say I review books! I would have to say… The Book Thief, I don’t have a favourite book (I could never choose) but this one comes pretty close. It always makes me smile, cry and laugh.
4. What is your greatest vice?
Being a busy body; I am always on the go! My housemate at university calls me Super Woman because I never stop! But that’s how I’ve always been, a ‘BusyLizzy’
5. If this character was a real person, what fictional character would be your best friend?
Amber from the chocolate run; she loves chocolate, films and her dry sarcastic humour would make me heave with laughter all day. Perfect
6. If you could be one of the characters in a story which character would you pick and in which book? (Double question for fun!)
One of my favourite books is one called ‘On Mystic Lake’ by Kristen Hannah. It’s a beautiful, soulful and devastating book that I am reviewing soon for my own blog. I would love to be the character Annie with her sweet but determined nature and star in my very own fairytale story.
7. What advice would you give to someone who wants to start a blog?
Make it about you; show your character, your feelings, thoughts, hopes, loves and dreams. A blog should be a collage of you.
8. Do you prefer reading or watching TV?
Definitely reading; it transports you to a world that television never could!
9. Print or eBook?
Hmm…currently I would have to say print because I don’t read ebooks, however I am investing in a Kindle over the summer… so maybe my answer will change. But overall definitely print, I like to have my own personal copy of the book so that I can never forget the incredible books I have read throughout my life
10. What is your favorite blog? (Book blog or otherwise)
I recently stumbled upon www.coffeelightandsweet.com and I love it as a blog. The photographs are stunning and it’s a real heart-warmer. Little articles about photography, and food its brilliant so go check it out!
11. If you were given the chance, what one book would you read before you die?
Definitely another tough question; I think it would have to be Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Its one of my favourite of the Harry Potter books and I grew up with Harry Potter reading them as and when they came out, always waiting for the next one and fighting with my Dad over who would get the chance to read it first! Reading this would definitely bring back happy childhood memories.