13 thoughts on “Crying over the deaths of fictional characters

1. Darcy says:

This happens to me all the time, I cried over characters but didn’t over people I’ve known IRL, it is crazy. (P.S : I sobbed over characters from the book thief too, an amazing book with characters you can’t help but get attached to.)

• littlebookblog says:

it’s so odd isn’t it how affected you are by the characters in a book! Sometimes I’m like stop being silly! But I really can’t help it! haha
      I am so glad you agree! I cry at the book thief every time i read it! Its such a stunning book and the characters are just incredible!

2. Lois says:

I don’t often cry but I sometimes get annoyed with the writer if I feel they’ve just taken a ‘death’ option because they are fed up with writing about a character.

• littlebookblog says:

Totally agree! It can be really horrible when you feel a author has taken the easy option of killing a character off rather than sticking with the character!

• lov3less says:

I cry the most for Henry – Time traveller’s wife. Even though I watch the movie first, and cried a lot, I still cry when reading the book.
        Gerry Kennedy – P.S. I Love You
        Fred – Harry Potter

And many non dead characters. I guess I just like to cry, haha.

• littlebookblog says:

Totallly agree with you on all of these! 😀 Definitely Time Traveller’s wife! and PS I love you! Love both of those they are amazing! I love to cry to haha x

3. sanensatisfied says:

Yes, yes yes! Dumbledore was the worse. I felt like a real person had died.

Love your blog! I am addicted to books as well. The best thing my husband ever did for me (beside giving me half my daughter) was build library book shelves for me.

Also thanks for liking my review of The 4-Hour Workweek on my blog, http://www.sanensatisfiedblog.com. I appreciate it. And I can’t wait to read more on your blog 🙂

• littlebookblog says:

And Dobby! I remember getting extremely emotional!
      I am so glad you like my blog! It always means a lot to find a fellow book worm! WOW I wish I had a set of library book shelves! (:
      I loved your review and cannot wait to keep reading your posts! (: x